Friday, July 25, 2014

Summer smoothie and my lifestyle of eating

HEY GUYS,

                       Today I decided to share a Summer Recipe, a fun smoothie that for me tasted like apple sauce! I got the ideas from this blog by Kimberly.


Organic Apples around my way are about ten dollars a bag for like six dollars and to be honest that is expensive (if I could I would actually buy it this is why Click here #5 is not true for me)

Therefore, I do what I can I wash them with water and then I put it in a bowl of cold water with apple cider vinegar and sometimes I put salt.  I let it sit there while I do other things for a bit and then yes I wash it again. Even through I try to avoid apples because they the #1 fruit that has the most pesticides in the US, I do eat them at times due to the amount of fiber.

That being said the smoothie was made with a red and golden apple as shown above. The peach was not organic as well (sad face). Good news, the basil and parsley were in fact organic.  

To make the smoothie special and tasty I added (picture below)
This should be added by your liking, but I love cinnamon so i sprinkled a lot GUILTY!  ( great for an energy kick) This smoothie did not have anything else not even added water and it was so good! 
(end product below)

There is more....


How did I start eating less junk food and getting my fruit and veggies in?


It all started with this book! I am not joking either. I always ate cheese and lot of candies. At some point you get older and realize you should not eat CRAP ! When I read this book I don't read fun per se, I told myself I will read it like a school book. So I did! I highlighted the book and reread pages. Most things at that point I felt were not "real", so I decided to research things aside from the book. But, what helped me a lot was that Kimberly was very social on twitter for question and concerns I had and still is ( now there is actually a whole community which is very exiting, because let us be honest doing things alone without any help is not so much fun). That being said, guess what was my breakfast every morning cereal! ( not the healthy kind nope) I was addicted and in a bad way and let me tell you not long ago I bought a box of cereal (guilty). Yea it was hard to actually eat it so I kinda ate it at night to not feel bad. Oh, and I ate with almond milk definitely not the same as unhealthy cow milk! Sorry got off track kinda. Now I drink a green smoothie every morning and if I am in rush I am guilt at times of not drinking it so I grab a banana ( I always eat this first) and bar.  Something I learned and even on a "bad" day , I practice this you should eat fruit on a empty stomach. I grow up eating fruit salad as dessert after eating dinner ( oh my)! As Kimberly says and I quote, "So, you may think you're opting for the healthy choice when you go for the fruit salad for dessert, but you're just going to make digestive trouble !" (48). So I make sure to eat my fruits and veggies in my smoothie in the morning. Also in the morning do not eat if you are not hungry (explanation pg 55-58 about) !  I love chapter three in this book here is why, because the concept of light to heavy is something I practice everyday and I believe everyone should. Why? As Kimberly mentions if not you will have a traffic jam she explains this in depth but in simple terms. The way I see it if you don't eat light to heavy you have less energy throughout the day pretty much your body is not working the way it should. Another ugly side is this can age you so I make sure to eat light to heavy (maybe that is why I look young (; 

To concluded I eat light to heavy because I have a way of life right now that I have to eat meat, because I still live with family. But for those who know me personally know I hate meat and ohhh I don't eat cheese the way I use to at all! Once in a blue ( still love my bleu cheese ha ) and I rarely eat junk unless I am in a party, but hey I barely go out so that won't hurt and there is always a new day. I have made changes in my household simple changes that have changed me  a lot and maybe my parents.

List of changes

No cow milk --> Almond Milk
No white Vinegar -- Apple Vinegar Cider 
We still have olive oil but I get to buy coconut oil since it last because basically I only use it
I don't buy cheeses for fun anymore
I have a glass bottle and no more soda in this house ( poor guest lol ) 
If I do coffee --->   I get no milk in Dunkin Donuts or Soy ( Starbucks)
However, I drink Tea more 

One of the biggest changes this might sound nasty is I stop having mucus, yup that is right I use to spit a lot and wasn't very lady like ( sounds funny but it is so true ) . If I start having it again only when I am really sick this is what I do, it is magic I swear!



No comments:

Post a Comment