Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A lifetime bucket list and a Wish come true

I did a similar blog in my other blog, which was short and sweet. But for Kim's assignment I will share more.




This summer as a graduation present my mother gave me a gift of a lifetime. There was two places I always wanted to go Paris and to London. However, I only wanted to go to The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre , which was like about almost three hours from our hotel!
Many people that read his books, might not know he was a fighter pilot in World War Two. This the helmet he used.
If you ever watched or read Matilda, this photo is something that you will find interesting. Blake here describe how Dahl wanted Miss Trunchbull to look like.

This is the front the museum.  Next door was a knitting shop and they sold fabric (all that stuff). They even give lessons to near locals as well.
This is a food blog, so I will share what I had healthy or not. So I had the Jacket Potato with Chicken ( they don't have corn that day bummer) but that salad had to be organic because it tasted so fresh and good! And my mom till day says that the potato was too, because she swear it grown in their farm which honestly can be true! I order a Presse , so good I wanted another one! 

We walk outside a bit and  yes it was narrowed, but we got lucky it was beautiful out that day. The amount of green was really breath taking!


If it where for me I would walk in a place like this everyday, but I love the city too. I went to this museum because growing up and till this day Ronald Dahl is one of my favorite authors. The adventures I have taken with his book as young child can't be put into words! But going here was like meeting him it was truly beautiful. To be honest, it truly touch my heart when I was eating and I saw a lesson going on in their classroom. This man was a true hero, to many in my generation and still is today. If you ever go to London, I really encourage anyone who has children to go or even you if you loved his book.

No comments:

Post a Comment