Monday, August 25, 2014

Principles

Kimberly Snyder 's  Principles are listed here. 

I think my main principle that I practice everyday is drinking a green glowing smoothie. I follow this religiously, because has become my practice for about two years now. The energy I feel from drinking it is like a little child on a sugar high, the only difference is it last longer and it is healthier of course! It is best to drink it in the morning on empty stomach, sometimes I put lemon for detox reason or because it just taste good. This is the original GGS !!! I however switch up my greens a lot when I can and I always love putting banana to make it sweet. When I can I put parsley or mint, refreshing and very energizing. Besides it being ideal, don't forget the amount of vitamins and minerals you are putting into your body already. Therefore, you are starting your day right! Just to add to it all remember you are also getting your protein and fiber. Just know drinking a green smoothie in morning is best thing you can do! When I first started, I actually loved it. The only thing I had to deal with was withdraws of sugar and pretty much headaches at first. But, once it is part of your lifestyle you might actually want to drink more!

Other principle that became second nature for me when I started this lifestyle was eating for fruits and vegetables overall. I only eat meat once a day, unless there is some special event in my life. However, I always usually drink the GGS so I don't guilt trip myself about it.  Now, if I stay over someone house this a little more complex of a matter. Regardless, I ALWAYS eat light to heavy no matter what. Another thing is if I don't have enough vegetables or fruits in my system let us just say you won't want to be around me. Sorta like the average "typical" American that don't have their coffee in the morning. Also, compare to how I use to eat, I learned more about other cultures and foods over all. For example, I love bok choy on my soup. Something I might never looked into if I did not change my way of thinking. I am also more open about other things like quinoa and different salads. 

In the past, I have cut out dairy completely, however this principle is more challenging because I have to eat out a lot and don't know what has dairy or not. But, I try my best and I can't remember the last time I had actual cow milk!

As they always say perfection does not exist!



No comments:

Post a Comment