Monday, September 1, 2014

My First Time Organic Kabocha

Hey Guys,

                        This week, I made a Kabocha it was my first time trying and hearing about it. Why? I dislike plain old squash. However, I was intrigued by Kimberly Snyder 's recipe plus I like trying new things.  I did a little research ....

Kabocha has Iron,Vitamin C,Calcium (not much), Folic Acid (imagine that), and more. Fun Fact it is so much sweeter than Butternut Squash.

Now for the cooking wash the Kabocha and put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 mins to an hour. Unless your Kobocha is really big. Once it is cook it will be easier to cut as well!
After it was cooked I cut it in half and cleaned it. You can dry the seeds inside and eat them if you like.
I added half a tomato and chopped a whole carrot.
I added spices I had at home such as tumeric, dash, and iodine salt.

I added a small spoon of coconut oil. Yummy!!
And I cover it with Nutritional Yeast Flakes (Guilty).  Finally I put it in the oven to warm it up at 300 10-20 minutes. (depends how warm or hot you like it)
Eat up! If you like it to be more sweet you can add organic honey or maple.
You can be simple and not refill it and just eat it with coconut oil and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment